Grammy Rant

,




A 2007 duet album by famous Led Zepplin lead singer and probably the most bluegrass, Raising Sand, won the 2009 Grammy for Album of the Year.

This is a typical haul for Alison Krauss, who has won 26 Grammys! (Christ!)

Usually I disagree with the Grammy picks.

In 2006, U2 won for How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. (I totally forgot about that crap.)

In 2007, the fucking Dixie Chicks won.

And undeniably the greatest affront to good taste -- in 1998, Bob Dylan's over-hyped pile of crap Time Out of Mind beat out OK Computer!

However -- Raising Sand has moments of brilliance. It's not my favorite album of 2007 2009, but I have to give the Grammy people credit.

I'm just glad Viva la Vida didn't win.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Killing The Blues

-

0 Responses on "Grammy Rant"

Post a Comment