The Worst Beatle Was George


Most people think of Ringo as the worst Beatle. He was goofy. He was the last to join. He "couldn't do a roll to save his life," according to George Martin.

When asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, Lennon half-jokingly replied that Ringo wasn't the best drummer in the Beatles!

So I might be in the minority here when I say, George was the worst Beatle.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for East meets West. I can dig it, man:

Shakti - La Danse Du Bonheur

But George was no John McLaughlin. He didn't have the chops, and he was a hell of a lot cheesier.

All of the "Indian" experiments bombed. "Within You Without You" is an absolute disgrace, especially compared to the rest of the album! "Love You To"--bleh! Don't even get me started with "The Inner Light".

It wasn't just that. I don't like resorting to personal attacks, but Harrison really was the band bitch. McCartney bossed him around like an older brother. Neither Lennon or McCartney wanted to put his songs on the albums until Revolver. Why was that? They started smoking weed everyday. "Hey man, let George have a song!"

That being said, I do like "Something". "I Me Mine" is one of the better songs on Let It Be.

And Jim James of My Morning Jacket did a nice cover of All Things Shall Pass:

Yim Yames - All Things Shall Pass


2 Responses on "The Worst Beatle Was George"

  1. Unknown says:

    Fine, you win. George is the worst. I will never hate on Ringo Star again.

Post a Comment