An Afternoon of Poetry and Jazz - Volume #1

,

deer

The Deer

by Tomaz Salamun
translated by Michael Biggins

Awe-inspiring cliff, white desire.
Water springing forth from blood.
Let my form narrow, let it crush my body,
so that everything is one: slag and skeletons, fistful of earth.

You drink me as though draining off the color of my soul.
You lap me up, a little fly in a tiny boat.
My head is smeared, I sense how
mountains were made, how stars have been born.

You've removed your apex from me, there I stand.
Look, in the air. Within you, drained, all
mine. Golden roofs bend up beneath us.

small pagoda leaves. I am in silken candies,
gentle and tenacious. I funnel the fog into your
breath, and your breath into the godhead in my garden, the deer

via plowshares

-

Music for accompaniment:
Dave Douglas – Porto Alegre


0 Responses on "An Afternoon of Poetry and Jazz - Volume #1"

Post a Comment