Skrillex

,



I've posted a couple Skrillex remixes just a few days ago, and I've posted the Bad Romance remix a while ago. But Skrillex, from LA, is one of my favorite electro producers right now, so I thought he deserved a post all to himself.

He makes wild electro bangers with lots of eclectic sounds, including 8-bit, dubstep, and yes, trance. Skrillex uses all those old trance sounds everyone thought had died in 2002. I think this is such an interesting direction, and it takes a lot to keep some of these songs from sounding cheesy. But overall I think he pulls it off.

The Alejandro remix, his latest, is a good example. The breakdown sounds like circa-2000 trance, with that cheesy little breakbeat during the build. But the drop....goddamn! It goes hard. Such a surprising track!

The Black Eyed Peas remix is more consistent. Sounds like it was influenced by Wolfgang Gartner to me, and that's a very good thing. The Bad Romance remixes are top notch, of course, being what Skrillex is most known for. Keep an eye on Skrillex this year, he's doing big things.

Lady Gaga - Alejandro (Skrillex Club Mix)

Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body (Skrillex Remix Extended)

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Skrillex Radio)

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Skrillex Club)

0 Responses on "Skrillex"

Post a Comment